First and foremost, NSF is a community meant for Cybersecurity / IT professionals to share knowledge and experiences. To facilitate this effort, there are certain chat channels that are meant for professional discussion only. And others that have less moderation in which users are free to speak their minds.
In the following channels: please refrain from posting memes, inappropriate content, trolling, excess banter, etc.
Rule of thumb: If it isn't appropriate for the workplace, don't post it.
- Announcements - Community wide announcements.
- Blue Team - DFIR and security architecture.
- Cryptocurrency - Everything to do with digital currency and the blockchain.
- CTF - CTFs, Vulnhub, Boot2root, etc.
- Education - Self improvement, certifications, degrees, and training.
- Events- Plan meetups, talk about events, and conferences.
- General - General technology discussions.
- Hack The Box - Discussion of the awesome penetration testing lab: HackTheBox.eu
- Hardware - Physical Hardware, servers, switches, laptops, desktops, etc.
- Jobs - Discussion of career development, and job postings.
- Linux - Everything *nix.
- Programming - Programming, development, and scripting.
- RE & Exploit Dev - Reverse engineering, malware, shellcoding and exploit development.
- Red Team - Offensive security, pentesting, redteam, and social engineering.
- Windows - Everything Windows.
On the other hand, the channels below are considered more casual and unmoderated. People are free to speak as they wish here as long as they do not violate the General Rules. We're a big believer in free speech, so please respect everyone's right to express themselves. Note: These are not default channels.
- Entertainment - Music, movies, TV shows, video games, and more.
- Off-Topic - Anything else.
- Politics - The ONLY place for political discussion.
- Sysadmin - Sysadmin workplace musings.
- Keep all discussions in their correct channels.
- Do not post content that is pornographic or graphic in nature.
- Do not directly link to any "pirated" materials.
- Do not spam any channel for any reason.
- Do not make political comments in channels besides #politics.
- Do not use this platform for any illegal operations.
- Do not post malicious links or content with the intention of infecting others.
- Do not beg for donations / money.
- Do not break any rules belonging to the certification's vendor.
- Do not post any "braindump" and cheating materials.
- Do not post any spoilers in the OSCP and OSCE channels.
Last but not least, please try to be kind and courteous to each other. Remember that we are trying to build a productive and collaborative community. Thanks and enjoy your time here!